header image

Nights away

To take young people camping (indoor or outdoor), you require a Night's Away Permit. You will need to have some experience at this alongside someone who has a Permit.

Once you have this experience, complete the form below and send/email to the District Commissioner. He will arrange for an Assessor to speak to you and help you through the rest of the process. The Assessor then completes a recommendation to the DC and he will then issue a Permit to you and your online records will be updated.

NA Permit Application Form

To enable adults to assist at camps but not sleepover or have unsupervised access toy young people the form below can be used: 

Self Declaration Form

All guidance is on the Scout Association's website - Nights Away

The District Commissioner should be notified of all camps taking place by completing the form below. Any camp taking place without this is breaching the rules and support will be limited in the event of something going wrong!

NAN Form

NAN Form

Consent / Medical Forms

A couple of forms to give to parents. One is an official form from the Scout Association:

Standard contact medical form        Official_Factsheet_FS120081

Nights Away Notification (NAN) Submission

This site uses cookies. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work.